The FL Studio registration key should be called FLRegkey.Reg to see the .Reg extension, you must have your Windows Browser - Tools > Folder options > View > 'Hide extensions for known file types', unchecked (no tick).
By default double clicking the FLRegkey.Reg file will add the registration key informaton to your Windows Registry. If Windows does not associate the .Reg ending with the correct program, it opens the FLRegkey.Reg file as a text document in Notepad.
- Associate .Reg files in Windows with the program RegEdit.exe
- Run flregkey.reg on your pc by double clicking it or right-click and select 'Merge'.
Check your Windows help file for instructions on "file assiciation"
One option is:
- Navigate to the
FLRegkey.Reg you have saved on your hard disk.
- Right-click the file and select 'properties'
- In the 'general' tab you see the 'open with' option. The program 'Register-editor' should show.
- Click the 'change' button to find and select the program 'Register-editor' for the .Reg ending.
For more information about registering our programs on your computer, read this article: