FL Studio Mobile closes without warning after startup
FL Studio Mobile needs access to the Internet once, for a few seconds, the first time is started after an installation or update. Otherwise it will close after a few seconds.
Make sure internet access (including Background Data) is enabled for your device AND any anti-virus programs you may be running are disabled, or explicitly set to allow FL Studio Mobile access to the internet. Then, start FL Studio Mobile. After this you can disable intenet and or background data.
Can't download, update or install FL Studio Mobile
Try each of these steps in turn and see if it resolves your issues:
- First! Make sure you are connected to the Internet via WiFi with a good connection and at least 800 MB of data available to you. Some devices/carriers/App Stores will limit data download via cellular / mobile phone connections.
- Reboot/Restart your device and make sure you are connected to the internet (check you can browse the web), and logged into your account on the device. Open the Google Play Store and check it recognizes your account.
- Clear Google Play Cache - Open your device's Settings app Settings. Scroll down and tap Google Play Store Google Play. Tap Storage and then Clear Cache. Next, tap Clear data. Re-open the Play Store & try your download again.
- Disable anti-virus. If you're using a security or anti-virus application please make sure to include an exception for ‘FL Studio Mobile 3’ if necessary. Disable it to check to see if FL Studio Mobile now works.
- Update. Make sure you're using the most recent application version available on the Google Play Store.
a. Launch the Google Play Store.
b. Swipe right from the far-left of your display to access your 'Apps & games > My apps & games' section.
c. Check if FL Studio Mobile 3 is listed under 'Updates', if so update the application.
- Clear the application data. Do this from Android 'Settings > Applications > FL Studio Mobile > Clear Data'. Note: This will not delete your Projects, downloaded content or application settings, only internal caches. Restart your device and test again.
- Delete configuration files. Use an Android file browser to go to ../Storage/FLM User Files and delete default.state, recent.state and uiscale. Restart your device and test again.
- From Android Settings > Apps > FL Mobile tap the top-right three-dots icon. Select Uninstall for all users. Then reinstall from the Play Store. Don't worry you won't have to pay for it again. Your project data should be untouched. However BACK UP YOUR DATA first. Info on where Your Files are here.
- Check for conflicting Apps. Terminate all running apps from the Android Task Manager.
- Restart Google Play Services and the Google Play Store from Android 'Settings > Applications > Google Play Store/Google Play Services > Force Stop', then relaunch the Google Play Store.
- This is the hard-core fix, it is the last resort when nothing else works. It will almost certainly fix any issues - 1. Reset your phone to factory settings. 2. Login to your Google Account. 3. Update Google Play. 4. Then install FL Studio Mobile
NOTE: A custom ROM, a rooted Android OS (with privileged apps installed) and anti-virus software can cause significant performance issues.
Product not available for download (but you have previously purchased it)
If you ARE already logged into the SAME account as you originally used to purchase FL Studio, but the product says BUY rather than DOWNLOAD, try the following:
- Go to Settings > Accounts > Google
- Tap to select your account
- From the top right (three vertical dots) menu select Remove account. (NOTE: This won't affect any data on your phone. It simply forces the device to log-out from your Google Account)
- Now go back to Settings > Accounts > Google and tap 'Add account' from the bottom of the list. Add your Google Account back with the @gmail.com address NOT any other email.
Require further assistance?
If you require further assistance, ensure that you've registered and associated your FL Studio Mobile purchase with an Image-Line account and visit the FL Studio Mobile Forum to contact support. If you have yet to register the application with an Image-Line account you can restart your application and you will be prompted to do so upon startup.
Or ONLY if you don't have access to the forum (because we do answer all support questions on the forum), please create a support ticket - https://support.image-line.com/action/ticketing
Image-Line Support Team